Detroit Lakes September 2021
Stenerson Lumber in Detroit Lakes is currently seeking a Warehouse Associate.
We are flexible with this position and will work with the right candidate to determine part-time or full-time status. We offer a competitive wage. No nights or weekends!
Full-time status also has great benefits including health, life, dental, and vision insurance,
FSA, 401K, and paid time off (holiday, sick pay and vacation).
- Assist in building stable, secure loads of materials to be delivered on our trucks or on customer’s vehicles
- Physically maintain efficient and orderly stock of building materials throughout the company warehouses and the yard
- Proper and timely verification and placement of building materials into inventory as shipment is received
- Safely operate forklifts and other equipment to load, unload or otherwise move materials properly to minimize damage to product
- Assist in inventory management by unloading vendor shipments
- Provide general labor in maintaining a safe, clean, and efficient work environment
- Operate power equipment to cut or shape materials
- Courteously assist customers in warehouse and yard areas
Physical Requirements: (These requirements must be met with or without reasonable accommodation.)
- Be able to lift at least 60# on regular basis
- Work outside in all types of weather conditions for up to 90% of the work day
- Variety of activities including standing, walking, sitting, reaching, climbing, balancing, kneeling, bending, crawling and lifting items
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Must be 18 and be able to quickly obtain certification in safe forklift operation -we will train
Basic Skills: (Must be able to perform these basic skills at time of employment.)
- Maintain positive attitude and outstanding customer service
- Ability to read and understand delivery documents, vendor documents, product labels, and safety procedures
- Basic math skills to accurately add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to recognize and properly react to safety hazards encountered
- Ability to uphold and embody the Company’s Core Values: Competency, Character, Consistency, and Care, including trustworthiness and honesty
Must maintain flexibility in schedule during busy season.
Applicable industry knowledge and experience with lumber and building materials is preferred.
Apply in person: Or email: email@example.com
Stenerson Lumber Pick up an application at the front counter or you can download our
555 Hwy 59 North, Detroit Lakes, MN 56501 application at www.stenersonlumber.com/about-us/job-openings/
Since 1889, Stenerson Lumber has been committed to Business on the Level, striving for the utmost in customer service for our customers and co-workers. We do this through our core values by raising our level of competency, our display of character, our accountability through consistency, and our depth of care.